I am not a stereotype. I do not know anything about late nights and hangovers. I am completely unfamiliar with allowances and moving out. In my reality, I am thinking about ways to mold today’s me into a me of tomorrow where current me will do a double-take when she meets the me of the future.
After graduating from secondary school, no one tells you how much trials and loose gravel that’s on the road ahead. We are filled with infantile hope of a future. The surprise that is Young adulthood takes a significant toll on the friendships that we have developed from primary school and onwards. Where you were so keen to speak about every detail of your life, you are now struck with a sense of shame and fear of judgment that you may or may not be where everyone had epected.The job you had thought would soon come has now taken more than six months for even an interview call. Your friends have found work and new boyfriends. Everything is rapidly changing. Suddenly, You’re faced with you, who you are and who you want to be.
Personal life is so raw when you are no longer in the safety net of school. You are faced with adulting whether you asked for it or not. Bills, loans, break ups, weight-gain, pregnancies, Spiritual warfare, insecurities and gosh, too much more.
The friendships begin to get more and more difficult to maintain. Certainly, it would now require more effort. You are now able to think carefully on how meaningful one person is to you.If they are worth the effort. You begin to sift out those who speak life too you and weed out the useless negative ones and hopefully, you become stronger as you have let go of the weight of unhealthy relationships. Nothing lasts forever. That is simply, the truth.
Any thoughts on this topic? Leave them down in the coments section!
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy I decided to reread this book! after all these years I kept remembering the movie! oh how wrong. This book is amazing and will forever be one of my absolute favorite books of all times! Guaranteed to make you burst out laughing and smile! Amazing read!
I am not sure if there is anyone in 2017 who had not read Sophie Kinsella but if you haven’t….WHY?? I reread this while being in a place where I just need a pick me up, burst out laughing type of book. I couldn’t have chosen a better book. For me I am not in the season of rereading.New books are not calling out to me but remembering all the memories of Rebecca Bloomwood’s world keep playing in my head and that is when you know it’s time for a reread.
It had been so long that I was actually mistaken the book for the movie! For shame! I was pleasantly surprised at how Derek Smeath was not as horrible as the movie portrayed him and the romance between Luke and Rebecca had a much different take in the movie that the book. So if you are that girl out there saying “Oh I’ve watched the movie” Stahp. Go read the book.
View all my reviews
I remember starting this blog 2 years ago(My First Post Here),Eagerly anticipating the life changes which I was certain would follow It was a roller coaster both emotionally, dealing with the disappointing reality and also physically not previously realizing that a successful blog was not simply going to form overnight.
I found myself constantly hitting the state of disappointment. Yes I was making moves, but why were they not having any effect? Why aren’t they having any effect even now? Where are the results?
Making moves, I concretely believe is essential to creating ripples which turn into currents that graduate into the waves of opportunities that I so greatly crave. However, there is so much more behind the scenes. Elements like Patience, Longsuffering, hard work and smart work.
I have often been fooled by my dangerously enticing fantasies similar to a recent book I read “Geekerella”, where she wakes up one morning to find that one post has gone viral with amazing numbers that she cannot begin to formulate into words. This is just one example.These things don’t just happen.
Note to Self: Get down to earth level. Never stop making moves. In fact you need to make even more moves.Work harder but work smarter. Do not focus on the future but hit Today hard with Action, Hope and Motivation. Get a job.
Matthew 6:25-34New International Version (NIV)
Do Not Worry
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I tried this more out of desperation having just gotten this mug as a birthday present and I am quite surprised from the results. Basically You boil the broken mug after placing the pieces together of course, and the milk somehow stick them back into place? Mind Blown. Have you ever heard of this before? Comment down below and share the story.
Skype, Facebook, Whatsapp, Emails, Twitch and Google Hangouts… Did I miss anyone? These are basically essentials when our relationship goes through a long distance period. Everything seems totally fine as long as these tools are at our fingertips. However, what about when they are suddenly no longer an option? What happens when the internet FAILS us? After a few nights of worry and unease, it is now time to stop the panic and listen up.
- Pray- Now I don’t know about you reading this, but I believe in prayer. My sister once said that God is the one connection that will never fail and I agree. He is always there for us in good times and bad. It is also the best way in my opinion to protect your loved one in a time when you are not physically close by. Pray for your partner daily for both things seen and unseen and place everything into the hands of the Creator. Seek him for comfort during this time which may be more difficult for some than others. Lay your worries onto him.You never know what challenges lie ahead for either of you so develop your trust in God and use this time apart ( from loved one) to really work on the relationship with him.
- Stay Positive- Life happens and life happens to everyone. However we can’t always be jumping to scary conclusions without having any proof. Jumping to conclusions usually results in sleepless nights or useless arguments when we can all be enjoying limited time. Internet failing does not always have to mean that they found someone else or tripped and fell somewhere in a mysterious ditch. Not saying these things aren’t possible, but if it is something that you are extremely worried about then there is one last thing that we may be forgetting.
- Call- How can this be number 3? I sometimes forget that calling someone does not require the internet (requires phone credit though) I have become so accustomed to instant messaging or video chatting that I have long forgotten that there are home phones, cellular phones and even phone booths still in existence, and who knows how long this option will be here. Sometimes the best way to eliminate a lot of fears and insecurities is to simply call. Hear their voice, hear the tone, and hear the beautiful musical ring of their laughter. It was there before video and instant messaging and prayer was there even before all of them combined.
To those of us who know when our long distance will end and even to those of us who are unsure if it will ever end. Be strong and never stop looking for ways to get in touch with your one. There are certainly many options that I may not know of or may have left out so lets start up a discussion and drop by the comments section to share your thoughts.
Thank you so much for reading!!
Whether you are about to embark on a short break or fast from the internet, or your internet provider has been treating you like crap this week (like mine), I believe we can both agree on how frustrating it can be to find something to do! Let’s face it, the internet is now part of our daily routine, habits and even personality (YouTube video while having lunch anyone?). It thinks for us and tells us what to do most of the time. I am no expert but I think I can safely guess that it is most likely the most distracting thing ever created next to the fact that it does provide a great source of information. So what did we used to do before? How did our parents survive life without it? I can’t tell you that but after struggling with internet failure for close to a week, I’ve developed a few things that I have been doing and also thinking about during this time without an active internet connection.
- Read the Bible- Now ideally, I should be doing this every day, but often times I have found myself consumed by the many distractions found online. YouTube, instant messaging and just random searching. If you are someone who is hoping to include this into your daily life, consider turning the internet off for maybe just a day, or switching your devices to airplane mode. Feeding the spirit is just as important as feeding our body.
- Create Something-Am I the only one who automatically reaches for their phone to Google search ideas? It’s as if something that was once natural is no longer something that comes automatically. It was God who created ideas, not Google. Our minds are filled with ideas. So don’t fret if you can’t think of a recipe at the top of your head. Look at the ingredients in front of you and create something! Don’t quit painting practice or guitar practice because you don’t have a YouTube tutorial, but rather just see what comes out of your mind from what you know already. Have fun learning and creating like old times.
- Congregate & Connect- If you are without internet right now, you might be the only one so it may be hard to meet up with friends who are nose deep in their cell phones. However, we have immediate families that we see every day who we don’t message on face book or Whatsapp. Take some time out to go have a chat and I meant face to face. If you are struggling to keep entertained, create a game night where you play board games and puzzles. Dust off the old scrabble, monopoly or my current favorite Dominoes. Experience these moments that the internet has stolen from us. These moments where our family rooms was filled with family and the walls sung our laughter.Where the lines on our parent’s faces were not such a surprise because we noticed them daily. If you are able to, think about keeping these kinds of nights into your busy calendar .We may not be the same as the olden days but we can try to learn from them.
- Journal/Scrapbook- This is one thing that has reappeared thanks to the famous bullet journal. However, I know for sure that I cannot afford to get an actual fancy journal on Amazon or wherever. Whatever notebook you find whether it has lines or if it is blank. Anything with paper that you can apply your thoughts too will work. Scroll through some old magazines that you’ve probably never even gone through and make cut outs of shapes, letters or inspiration. Write down your thoughts or feelings .Plan your day or even your future. Analyze you in this moment and embrace the buzz of your own thoughts and not the incessant DING! Of an incoming social media chat.
- Rest- Goodness, Please tell me if I am not alone. Whenever there is no internet a wave of sleepiness overcomes me. As if I have just ran some marathon. This leads me to wonder if it is just boredom, or my body telling me that it is simply tired. We are so drowned within our bright screens all day till past midnight that we ignore the cries of sleep when our bodies signal it. This of course is what I think and you can maybe let me know if it is true and scientifically correct. So I believe that we should take this moment to catch up on the zzz’s that we have missed for the past few days. Enjoy the unburdened rest having no thoughts for the unanswered text messages or the unread and unsent emails.
- Re-read a much loved book- I am still not able to buy multitudes of books like I have dreamed of. However, I remember when I was younger, the only books I would have for a good year or two were just the ones on my shelf, hand me downs or books inherited from older siblings. I ended up finding a few favorites and of course read them over and over again. There are still few that I will reread even to this day for example anything by Jane Austen. Go hunting on your book shelve and grab something that you know will be guaranteed to set you into a great,chill mood while you try to ignore all the work that you could be doing online. Try to remember the feeling you had when you first read the book. Where was it? Who gave this book to you or where did you buy it? Books have a weird way of carrying with them a lifelong history lecture. It’s a feeling the internet can simply never imitate.
As always thank you so much for reading! I would definitely love to read your comments and thoughts on things you do when there is no internet connection. Have a wonderful and meaningful week everyone!
P.S. I love comments. Allow me to get to know you who you are!
P.P.S. If you got this far,comment Some game night ideas that you and your family have tried before!
As much as I am guilty of late night reading on my Kindle or even squinting in low light to finish an incredibly amazing book, I can’t deny that my eyes feel terribly worn out afterwards.Here’s a great video with some simple reminders and eye care tips specifically for Bookworms and fellow Book Lovers! Check it out and let me know in the comments If you can relate!
Things We Bookworms do that hurt our Eyes;
- Excessive reading especially in low light.
- Excessive reading on bright digital device(s).
- Reading non stop for extreme long periods(up til 3am vamping).
- Forgetting to Hydrate, not wanting to get up and out of our zone.
- Stuck in book world so that we hardly ever BLINK!
- Intense Staring at close range object (sometimes with small print).
- Reading against a glare on the screen.
Check out the Video For some simple and easy remedies!
Dear fellow reader,
I know it’s hard to simply put a book down especially when it gives you everything you ever needed in a book.Without our eyes we really wouldn’t be able to read it.Show gratitude by remembering to care for it now so that we can have it all through our wise ages. I am just as guilty of abusing my eyes and forcing it to ride with me till dawn sneaks in. Lets aim to try harder to be aware of the costs that we pay toward our joy of reading. Get a cucumber slice or maybe a tea bag, and go give your eyes some loving and appreciation for all the hundreds of stories it has helped you live within.Go…. (Like & Subscribe to my YT Channel beeblissful and Twitter @blissful_beni while you are at it)